Dental Implants are the best option when you have to replace missing or damaged teeth. They are a strong, stable and beautiful alternative to bridges, partials or dentures.
Missing teeth can cause:
- Defects in the bone
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Excessive wear on remaining teeth
- Cracking and chipping of remaining teeth
- Changes and damage to the jaw joint or TMJ
- Speech impediments
Missing teeth can also affect one’s self esteem and alter facial appearance.
Dental implants act as a substitute tooth root. They bond with the bone to form a stable foundation for permanent replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth. Dental Implants offer a great long-term solution to missing teeth. They have been used for over 40 years and are very safe and highly successful. You don’t have to go through life enduring discomfort and changes to your facial structure, avoiding certain foods, risking bone loss, and bracing for embarrassing situations.
Dr. Swenda’s role in the implant procedure is planning and placing the tooth restorations on the dental implants when the implant surgery is completed. Dr. Swenda has advanced training in dental implant restoration. He has been invited to teach and lecture all over the U.S. on advanced restorations, especially on the use of Cone Beam 3-D Imaging and technology in restoration planning.
- Can successfully replace one or more lost teeth
- Help minimize bone loss
- Replace missing teeth without compromising adjacent teeth by grinding them down for a bridge or securing a partial denture
- Increase stability, making chewing more natural
- Eliminate the pain of ill-fitting dentures and partials
- Improve appearance
- Can be used to stabilize loose fitting dentures
- Are a way to improve your quality of life and self confidence.
Examples of dental implants can be viewed at our smile gallery.
If you have questions about dental implants please contact our office for more information.