Traditionally dentistry has treated tooth decay symptoms by placing fillings. Today, with information based on current research, dentistry can better manage tooth decay for better patient care.
Our office has adopted a program to treat the disease of dental caries and not just the symptoms. The program is based on the fact that tooth decay is an infection caused by bacteria.
The program consists of the following:
- Identification of High Tooth Decay Risk.
- Treatment of Infection:
- Fillings/Tooth Sealants
- Anti-Microbial Mouth Rinse
- Fluoridated Varnish
- Supplemental Treatments
- Xylitol Gum
- Home Fluoride Program (Prevident 5000)
- ACP – Amorphous Calcium Phosphate
- Treatment of Salivary Gland Hypo-Function (Dry Mouth)
- Salivary Substitute
- Saliva Stimulants
- Recall Program – Visit Frequency Determined By Risk Factors.
- Salivary Bacterial Sample
- Inspection of Sealants
- Caries Examination
- Fluoride Treatments
Our aim is to direct treatment at the bacteria that causes tooth decay and to prevent further disease. This will enable our patients to retain their teeth for a lifetime.